- We’re all a little fragile -
relief was still the strongest emotion in my body, relief that came from the
very core of my being.
- -You gave up on your dreams along the way.
- -Nothing is forever, there's got to be something better than in the middle.
- -This February darkness has me hating everyone, and I know I need your comfort, but this drama is making me sick and the longer I lay here I know it's harder to get up without you.
- -It's always tempting to lose yourself with someone who's maybe lost themselves.
- -So you go back, you always go back to the last point when you were happy. And you hang on.
- -It's that feeling you get, right in your core, when you look around, look at all the people you're surrounded by, and realize that these people are home.
- -Yes, that's me. I'm still here.
- -It's hard to explain how I am getting by on so little from you. It's hard to believe that I would let myself get so wrapped in you.
- -Do you ever think about me and how I'm doing? I mean what if I was dead or something? You wouldn't even know. You wouldn't even care.
- -I'm going to leave it where it started. That way, at least I can pretend there was nothing in between.
- -“I need you. I don’t know why, but every now and then in my life, for no reason at all, I need you.”
don't be afraid of your nightmares,
keep believing in your dreams
- -You stared right back at me, your dark eyes soft, and it was easy to pretend that you felt the same way. So that’s what I did. I pretended, to make the moment sweeter.
- -And I can't lie still when there's someone else beside you. And I can't lie still, 'cause I'm all alone this time
- -I could turn around and walk away. It'd break my heart, but who's to say you'd notice anyway
- -But wouldn't it be worse if there were no change? That everything remained, untouched and forgotten, left behind. Just like me.
- -I still hadn’t been able to sink back into my protective shell of numbness, and everything seemed oddly close and loud today like I had taken cotton out of my ears.
excuse me while I get killed softly, my heart slows down and I can hardly tell
you if I'm okay.
- -There's a good reason why I'm keeping my distance.
- -It's better to love someone you could never be with than to be with someone you could never love.
- -Or maybe I just haven't found someone who I know is worth being hurt for.
- -I chose to lose you, the only boy who holds the ability to make me smile faster than someone can snap their fingers.
- -I was just living in the moment, and the moment was all about you.
- -Nothing about us makes sense. But in my heart, it's the easiest thing to understand.
- -Everything I did was to get away from being hurt. I moved away from the pain in the wrong direction, one step at atime until I was so far away I never knew how I got there.
- -It's what you didn't say that told me I'd get hurt again.
- -You scare me. You really do. That look in your eyes when you look at me.